EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOWFIND OUT ABOUT OUR PROPERTIES BEFORE YOU BOOK
Two luxury holiday cottages in one of the most picturesque rural settings of the Peak District in the hamlet of Milldale, Alstonefield.
The Small Print
Terms & Conditions
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Conditions of Let set out below.
In these Conditions of Let, “Owner” refers to the owner of the property you are booking, “Property” refers to the Milldale Cottage Company.
1. The number of people occupying any Milldale Cottage Company property is limited to that stated on website, (6) unless by prior consent with the Owner.
2. You must pay a 25% deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable six (6) weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking, having first checked that the Property of your choice can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (40 days prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking. No reminders are sent out.
3. Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received 61 days or more before the check-in date the deposit will be retained unless the Property can be re-let for the same dates. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made, less an administration fee of £25 per week. If the Property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.
Bookings placed after April 1st 2020 for arrivals on or after 1st June 2020 have cancellation protection cover, meaning that if you cancel between 60 days and 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the accommodation costs you have paid. You will be reimbursed within 7 days of the check-in date of your original booking. Cancellations made 2 days or 1 day prior to or on the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. For example: For a check-in on Saturday, Guests could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but not Thursday (2 days prior) or Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check-in)
All bookings placed for arrivals before 1st June 2020 are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel on or after 60 days before check-in date, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking. You will be reimbursed within 7 days of the check-in date of your booking.
4. Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
5. One well behaved dog is allowed in Riverside Cottage by prior arrangement. There will be an additional charge of £20 to cover extra cleaning and we would respectfully ask that the dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms or on any of the furniture unless a provided throw is used. No Smoking inside the Property.
6. You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
7. You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, unreasonable behaviour or disruption may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
8. You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to the property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
9. You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
10. You must vacate the Property by 9:30am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
11. Guest arrival time is from 5pm onwards.
12. All of our portable electrical appliances have been tested and approved within the terms of the new Fire Assessment Regulations. As the use of your own personal electrical equipment is out of our control it must be at your own personal risk.
ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS
View the Access Statement and Fire Prevention Policy for all Milldale Cottage Company properties.