EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOWFIND OUT ABOUT OUR PROPERTIES BEFORE YOU BOOK
Two luxury holiday cottages in one of the most picturesque rural settings of the Peak District in the hamlet of Milldale, Alstonefield.
The Small Print
Terms & Conditions
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Conditions of Let set out below.
In these Conditions of Let, “Owner” refers to the owner of the property you are booking, “Property” refers to the Milldale Cottage Company.
1. The number of people occupying any Milldale Cottage Company property is limited to that stated on website, (6) unless by prior consent with the Owner.
2. You must pay a 25% deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable six (6) weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking, having first checked that the Property of your choice can be reserved for you.Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (40 days prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking. No reminders are sent out.
3. Guest Cancellation
Cancellations must be notified to and received by us in writing preferably by email and once received we will confirm and process your cancellation.
In the event of a National Lockdown or either the cottage location or the address supplied on the booking form being placed in a Tier that has a “Do Not Travel” Government Directive, all costs paid will be refunded.
We offer Flexible Cancellation which removes the stress and worry from booking your holiday. Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before check-in date, you will receive a refund of 75% of the costs you have paid. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the check-in date will not be eligible for a refund unless we are able to re-let the dates, in which case we will refund you up to 75% or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking.
Bookings placed between April 1st 2020 and 8th January 2021 are protected by the “Master Cancel” programme. You can cancel your Booking and obtain a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid for up to and including two (2) days before the Holiday Commencement Date. For example if your Holiday Commencement Date is a Saturday, then you can cancel as late as the prior Thursday, but not Friday (one (1) day prior) or Saturday (the Holiday Commencement Date). However, we ask that you give us as much notice as possible about your cancellation.If you cancel later than two (2) days before the Holiday Commencement Date then we cannot refund your Booking as we are no longer covered by “Master Cancel” and we will have incurred costs and are unlikely to be able to re-let our accommodation in such a short period of time.
We strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This will give you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday at almost the last minute. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
4. Cancellation by us for reasons beyond our control (“Force Majeure”)
We won’t be deemed to be in breach of this Contract, or otherwise liable to you, by reason of any delay in performance or non-performance of any of our obligations in this Contract to the extent that such delay or non-performance is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example if access to and use of our property is prevented by fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, pandemics, destruction/damage, internet or other communications failure, blocked roads, war/terrorism, nuclear/radioactive disaster affecting us or our property) (these are sometimes referred to as “Force Majeure Events”) If for any reason beyond our control we are forced to cancel your Booking (or bring it to an end early) due to a Force Majeure Event affecting us or our property we will refund you the full amount of your remaining lodging costs based on the time of your Booking remaining. This will be the full extent of our liability and no additional compensation, expenses or costs (such as travel or replacement lodging costs) will be payable.
5. Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
6. One well behaved dog is allowed in Riverside Cottage by prior arrangement. There will be an additional charge of £20 to cover extra cleaning and we would respectfully ask that the dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms or on any of the furniture unless a provided throw is used. No Smoking inside the Property.
7. You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
8. You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, unreasonable behaviour or disruption may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
9. You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to the property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
10. You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
11. You must vacate the property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
12. Guests arrival time is from 4pm onwards.
13. All of our portable electrical appliances have been tested and approved within the terms of the new Fire Assessment Regulations. As the use of your own personal electrical equipment is out of our control, it must be at your own personal risk.
ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS
View the Access Statement and Fire Prevention Policy for all Milldale Cottage Company properties.